Learn with LCH In-Person Workshop
This 6-hour workshop teaches the basics of DIY filmmaking and editing. Topics covered are telling your story, copyright, production, producing your story, editing your story and distributing your story to the public via social media and new media.
Participants will get hands on experience with real equipment and actually do filming as part of a group exercise. We will end the day with how to edit and distribute a film on the social web. We help nonprofits “Focus on Good.”
Focus on Good: Creating a Film for Your Cause with Lights. Camera. Help.
1. Before You Push Record
This section will cover what you need to know before you record your video. Topics include:
- The importance of storytelling
- Creating a script and production guide
- Finding free music, stock video and photography
2. Capturing Your Story on Camera
The second section of workshop will provide you with great tips for shooting your video. You'll learn:
- What equipment is right for your organization
- How to set up a good shot
- Considerations for capturing indoor, outdoor and event footage
3. You Have the Footage, Now What?
The final hours of the day are devoted to editing and distributing your video. We'll show you:
- Recommendations for editing software
- The basics of creating a more professional video
- How to upload, tag and describe your video in order to get it seen.